Tuition and Tuition Assistance
We offer three payment plan options to better accommodate the range of economic resources available to our families:
- The one-payment plan provides a discount for families able to pay the entire tuition in one installment.
- The two-payment plan divides the total tuition due into two payments.
- The monthly payment plan allows for an easier monthly payment schedule at a slightly higher cost.
For families unable to pay the full cost of tuition, we established the Joyce Perkins Scholarship Fund in 1987. Tuition assistance, in the form of reduced tuition, is awarded based on financial need.
Tuition amounts and due dates for the 2017–2018 school year are as follows:
|One-Payment Plan||Two-Payment Plan||Monthly|
Due June 2017
Payment dates of 5th or 10th
Payment dates of 5th or 10th
$1,274 due each month
12 payments: June 2017 through May 2018
Payment dates of 5th or 10th
*plus annual TADS processing fee of $45 for each household
We work with TADS to process tuition payments, which allows you to access your account information and payment history online and pay in a way that is most convenient for you:
- Automatic bank payment from checking or savings
- Automatic credit card payment using MasterCard, Discover, Visa, or American Express (Note: Credit card payments will incur a 3.00% convenience fee on all payments.)
- Check or money order payable to “TADS”
Families of enrolled students will receive information and a Tuition Management Agreement from TADS.
Please include a check for one month’s tuition when you return the enrollment contract. This amount is then subtracted from what you owe in June. Please make this check payable to Wingra School.
All other tuition payments are made directly to TADS.
For More Information
Please feel welcome to contact TADS customer service (1-800-477-8237 or firstname.lastname@example.org) or Bonnie Schey, our business manager, at 608-238-2525 with questions regarding payment plans.
We established the Joyce Perkins Scholarship Fund in 1987 to open our doors to as many families as possible. Named after a former Wingra School Director, the Joyce Perkins Scholarship Fund has provided over $2.8 million in tuition assistance over the last 30 years.
The Wingra community has worked hard and contributed generously over the years to continually increase the amount of aid available. The amount awarded has grown each year, and currently 20% of our students receive tuition assistance.
How It Works
In order to determine financial need uniformly, fairly, and confidentially, we use FAST (Financial Aid for School Tuition), a program of Independent School Management, to provide a need-based financial aid analysis of a family’s ability to contribute to the cost of tuition. FAST provides us with a report, which includes a recommendation of what a family should reasonably contribute toward tuition.
On the basis of the FAST report – verified by parental tax returns, W-2s, and other data – and the money available in the Joyce Perkins Scholarship Fund for tuition assistance, Wingra School selects recipients and determines tuition assistance amounts. FAST does not decide whether financial assistance will be given or how much to give.
Tuition assistance decisions are made independently of other school functions and do not affect your student's chances for admission or re-enrollment.
Other things to remember:
- New families should apply for admission before applying for tuition assistance.
- Families must reapply each year for tuition assistance. Once a family receives tuition assistance, we strive to maintain (but cannot guarantee) that level of assistance in future years if a comparative need is demonstrated. As a family’s financial circumstances change, the level of assistance will change correspondingly. All financial information provided is held in strictest confidence.
- Our tuition assistance monies are not sufficient to meet 100% of the need of applicants, and all families pay some tuition.
If you have questions about our tuition assistance program, please contact Bonnie Schey, business manager, at 608-238-2525 or email@example.com.
A welcoming community for all kinds of families, Wingra School does not discriminate against any person on the basis of gender, race, color, creed, religion, sexual orientation, political persuasion, national or ethnic origin, or disability in its admission or tuition assistance policies.
How to Apply for Tuition Assistance
Priority deadline for submitting a tuition assistance application to FAST is March 15. Applications received after this date will be considered based on availability of funds. Download the how-to sheet (.pdf).
All families wishing to apply for tuition assistance at Wingra School will need to take the following steps:
- Read and sign the Tuition Assistance Acknowledgement Form (.pdf), and return it to Bonnie Schey, Business Manager at Wingra School prior to doing the online application.
- Fill out and submit an online application by March 15.
- Mail or scan all required documents (.pdf) to FAST by March 15. Preaddressed envelopes are available in the school office. You must put “Wingra School” on the front of the envelope under your return address.:
Independent School Management
Attn: FAST Processing
1316 North Union Street
Wilmington DE 19806-2594
FAST Online Application
The FAST online application process is self-guided, and you can start an application and finish it later. The charge for the application is $43.00 and must be paid by credit card before submitting your online application. If you do not have a credit card, or cannot budget the fee, please call us. This fee is non-refundable.
The online submission deadline for all applications is March 15. Copies of your tax returns and other required documents must be mailed (or scanned in) following submission of the online application and be postmarked by March 15.
FAST cannot process incomplete applications. Missing information will need to be provided before the application is considered. Applications received after March 15 will be limited to remaining funds, if any.
Many questions can be answered in the Parent User Guide (.pdf). The Parent User Guide explains the application process, including which documents to have on hand and a worksheet of the questions (.pdf) you will be asked.
For two-family households, please read the “Special procedures for divorced or separated parents” (.pdf) on how to file a separate but linked application, which requires only one fee for both applications.
Please contact FAST directly with questions about the online tuition assistance application. Help is available at firstname.lastname@example.org or 1-877-326-3278.
Your Tuition Solution loans are offered through Springstone Financial LLC, a Massachusetts company that provides educational financing to families whose children attend independent schools nationwide. It is a personal, unsecured loan designed exclusively for educational expenses. Families need to apply only once for multiple years. Application forms for this loan are available from the Your Tuition Solution website.